Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Views On Gaza Ceasefire .

Eyal, legal worker, W Jerusalem
I am very upset because I think that we didn't achieve our goals. We should have finished Hamas and ended their attacks. I'm sure the rockets won't stop.
I'm sure Hamas is damaged, but I don't think it's as damaged as Olmert wants it to look like.
It's a political season and he has to show that he succeeded more than in Lebanon.

Rachel, W Jerusalem
It sounds pretty good. We're not withdrawing, which means the army can still react if they continue attacking Israel.
I don't think Hamas have been damaged enough. But at least our government are reacting – for eight years they haven't been reacting at all.
With Hamas I don't think it's that easy to have a deal, but Olmert tried his best.

Leon, retired, W Jerusalem
I feel elated. I am anxious to see a peaceful solution after so many years of hatred.
The ceasefire was right. There was tremendous pressure Israel to end the conflict because of all the casualties, and we want to show the world we are willing to take risks for a peaceful solution.
Only time will tell if the other side will compromise.

Erez, lawyer, W Jerusalem
I think the ceasefire came a bit early. I don't think this operation will achieve its goals.
A one-sided ceasefire will not be recognised by Hamas.
Hamas has not been damaged. They didn't fight. They just showed themselves as civilians, but most of them are terrorists. Once Israel leaves they will go out with their weapons again.

Then opinions of people whose land been taken,been into siege then finally were being killed !

Raafat, shop worker, Ramallah
I am so happy because in the end we won. Their plan was to destroy Gaza and destroy the fighters, but we won.
Hamas has not been damaged. It is not like if they destroy the regime they destroy Hamas – Hamas is part of the Palestinian people.
They damaged the schools, the mosques, the homes. If they think this is a win, then OK, they won.

Saeda, student, E Jerusalem
They had to stop the war in Gaza. They were killing boys and girls without reason.
Sure Israel is stronger, but it's our land and Hamas must defend it.
I hope there will be peace. But I think the Israelis will continue to kill children. Israeli soldiers are killers and don't like Palestinian people.
I don't know if Hamas will stop fighting.

Imad, shop owner, E Jerusalem
When I heard yesterday I was happy, because that's enough killing people.
I think the Israelis went out with a victory, they said they achieved their goals.
Hamas came out from this war less than they were before, they have a lot of work to do to recover, to rebuild the Gaza Strip, but we can't say they destroyed Hamas.

Nayef, shoe seller, Ramallah
Definitely Israel didn't mean the ceasefire as it seems, there is something behind it.
This is just Israeli propaganda, not stopping the war on Gaza.
They didn't finish the resistance or Hamas. It's still going and it will not be defeated.

Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/middle_east_views_on_gaza_ceasefire/html/5.stm

No comments: